Executive – Speaker – Writer
My career started during the personal computer revolution, spanned the Internet revolution, and now reaches out into the connected autonomous world revolution.
For the last 17 years, I’ve been running the marketing department of Screaming Circuits, an online, personal manufacturing company, and parent, Milwaukee Electronics. I joined the company when it was struggling to break from traditional old-world manufacturing.
Under my leadership as the senior marketing executive, Screaming Circuits has grown from a small niche player to an industry leader and trend setter – reinventing electronics manufacturing in North America. I’ve brought successful content marketing / social media marketing into the formerly stodgy manufacturing industry.
In addition to driving the marketing, I started and am the primary author of the Screaming Circuits blog since 2006 (about 900 posts and growing). I’m a contributing author to EE-Times and other United Business Media (UBM) online publications, and am a regular speaker at industry events.
- Keynote at NEDME 2018
- PCB West
- NEDME technical sessions
- Embedded System conference
- Executive Officer’s Club
Subjects of my speaking engagements:
- Keynote: The next ten years in manufacturing
- Prototyping traps
- Internet marketing
- PCB Layout and assembly challenges
- Filed Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA)
- Embeded language (on a panel)
- Embedded gadgets (on a panel)
- Using high-density components
- System architecture for a telepresence robot
- Board design best practices
Published articles in:
- EE Times, including several EE Times Design Lines
- Circuits Assembly
- Circuit Cellar
- US Tech
- Planet Analog
- Product Design and Development
Had my own column on three different United Business Media sites:
- Embedded.com Insights
- Microcontroller Central
- All Programmable Planet
- Internet of Things World